Thread: Four Wheeler magazine nod to the Frontier

Four Wheeler magazine nod to the Frontier

I need to find a link to it online, but I was surprised to see Four Wheeler magazine include the 2005 Frontier Nismo as one of their "10 most significant 4X4 pickups of the last decade..." in their Tempting Ten article in the April 2014 issue. I mean I completely agree with them , but I'm not used to the editors giving much respect to Nissans.

This article came out back in 06. Glad to see they still feel the same way. http://www.fourwheeler.com/project-v...rontier-nismo/
    ~ I love a scotch old enough to order its own scotch.

Just wait till a Gen 3 and they get that Cummins in it.. The truck world will see what we all have for many years.. Nissan is a kick ass truck

www.wentwindrock.com - National Nissan SUV / Truck event
    www.xterranation.org - Xterra site
    www.overlandnation.com - Overland forum
    www.nissannationpodcast.com - Nissan chat

" Nissan is a kick ass truck"

We get did dude..... you like Nissans..... Sheesh. hahahaha

But for real, when the hell is this "gen 3" supposed to come out? I want to see some major changes, BUT... nothing along the lines of what they did to the Pathfinder. That thing makes me want to hurl.

Quote Originally Posted by JayAre View Post
    But for real, when the hell is this "gen 3" supposed to come out? I want to see some major changes, BUT... nothing along the lines of what they did to the Pathfinder. That thing makes me want to hurl.
    Agreed. I love the current truck, but I'm very interested to see where they take it next. If they stick to the current formula (solid rear axle, boxed ladder frame, etc.) then it should be a winner. I wouldn't mind a little "softening", but don't turn it into the Pathfinder, FOR GOD'S SAKE! Same thing with the Xterra.

I've heard rumors that gen 3 is expected to debut for the 2015 model year. Not sure where/when I heard it though. I kind of doubt that's true, as we would have probably heard something by now. One can hope, though.

Nissan and Toyota are duking it out in the small truck market, with no serious competition from other manufacturers, and they're having great success. Sure, the new Colorado might impact that, but the demand and loyalty for the Japanese brands is very strong. If they changed it too much, they'd be in jeopardy. I think the tough Frontier we know is here to stay.
    montanaoverland.wordpress.com
    -An overland/travel blog

"Nancy": 2003 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab
    120xxx miles
    Yakima LoadWarrior
    Xoskel LoPro Bar
    OME /PML
    ARB Bumper
    CVT RTT on Front Runner Bed Rack
    AC HD Steering Package
    235/85R16 Hercules Terra Trac D/Ts

The mountains call, and I must go

Last I was told is do not expect the Gen 3 Frontier till 2016, Nissan is in Titan mode right now.
    Last I read Nissan was hoping to push Xterra/ Frontier one more year. I will check with some insiders and see if the plans to continue stamping Xterra/Frontier
    into late fall are still true. You should expect to see the 2015 Titan this fall with a spring release... I haven't been told if they are in PT trails yet.

www.wentwindrock.com - National Nissan SUV / Truck event
    www.xterranation.org - Xterra site
    www.overlandnation.com - Overland forum
    www.nissannationpodcast.com - Nissan chat